Thursday, December 10, 2009

Poet's lines of emotion getting out of there.

1.)

So sorry for myself.


I could scream,
I've teared up three times already yet.
It was my only chance!?
I'm in trouble.  I am so sorry.


2.)

    War-no.

So harsh, so evil
the guns, the soot, the machines.
Heart thuds (only a little) of a man
thrown on his brother's back.
The evil ones kill them both.
So harsh, so stop.


4.)

   Honor Him.  Who Cares If You Don't Know Him?

Your grandpa's grandpa told him to be good.
So when the time came, he honored him,
and stood.
Through winds that killed and guns that thrilled
your grandpa's little, weak heart.
He fell, and tried to yell
the one HELP, the big yelp of pain that would have saved his life.
He's gone now.  All gone, all done.
Honor him.

1 comment:

  1. These are fun, sad, and serious. One can get the impression you write for yourself. I think that's the way it should be, and if the world nods along, so much the better.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, questions, requests, and anything you want to say.