The silence here is overwhelming
though the sea crashes about
This boat that floats among
the crests that hold me
their noses in the air
because they actually don't care.
There are sunken ships
beneath my feet
planted solid
in the cold grey floor.
My feet relax,
feeling the
water,
flowing cold
underneath.
It's always
underneath.
The winds screech,
eyes closed
as if they themselves
are there for the ride.
My heart
wrings itself,
thankful
there are such beauties
as storms
and water
and James,
who is dead asleep
in the head of this cabin.
Smoky sky rubs a dangerous clap
rains down
like dirt on a puddle
as we used to.
Climb the stairs
feel the hair
on my arms
stand up too.
Sharp
frozen stings
melt to pleasure.
I swing around the mast,
dizzy and so cold I'm
prickling hot
until I'm falling
knees trip on the rim
but I catch my dive
before I get swallowed
in the silent underneath.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments, questions, requests, and anything you want to say.